spreadsheet in website??

rsturbo 12:30 11 Sep 06

i need to display the contents of a spreadsheet on a website but do not want viewers to be able to edit. is there a way to do this. i will need to update the website with the latest spreadsheet changes regularly.

thanks for any help

ade.h 12:44 11 Sep 06

Will there be many changes?

A PHP/MySQL driven site with the xls file as the database might be the way to go, although I wouldn't fancy taking that on, to be honest. The simpler option would be to enter the Excel data manually into a table on the website, then future updates will be reasonably straightforward. You'd use a table either way, because that's how data is typically displayed on the web.

Your choice really depends on the quantity and frequency of changes versus your confidence with database-driven website design.

harristweed 12:45 11 Sep 06

Save the spreadsheet page as HTML. Then its a web page! Load this to your website.

ade.h 12:46 11 Sep 06

I would say that there is a third option - uploading the xls file for visitors to download and view - but that does not really meet your aims regarding displaying the data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…