Spreadsheet Question

goonerjlf 11:34 06 Dec 05

A question that probably has a simple answer - but can I find it?

How to you link one spreadsheet from a workbook, to completely mirror another spreadsheet in a seperate workbook?

This includes locked cells, forumlas, colours - everything. And all changes in the master are reflected in the copy.

xania 13:11 06 Dec 05

You will need to select the entire worksheet and copy. Now open your new worksheet and, from the <Edit> drop-down, select <Paste Special>. In the box that now opens, click the <Paste link> button to complete the task.

Note that the 'from' worksheet's location will go into the formulae so you cannot now move that spreadsheet without re-doing this process.

goonerjlf 17:00 06 Dec 05

yep. That's one I tried first. Get the message:

"Not enough memory. Continue without Undo?"

I click ok, and then get:

"Not enough memory"

I click ok, and figures appear everywhere in no order or format.

Any other ideas?

Have you tried just selecting the whole worksheet, copying, selecting cell A1 in the new worksheet, right clicking and selecting paste.

xania 21:18 06 Dec 05

If you don't have enough memory, use the sam principle but either row by row or column by column. If that fails, then, it cell by cell, but ypou must use Paste link - not paste.

wee eddie 21:49 06 Dec 05

What's the Spec of your PC?

Which Spreadsheet are you using?

wee eddie 21:50 06 Dec 05

What's the Spec of your PC?

Which Spreadsheet are you using?

goonerjlf 09:15 07 Dec 05

I've got a Hewlett Packard Compaq (dc7100 is on the side).

Paste Special does work line by line, but it doesn't format the cells completely how I want them, e.g. lock cells, or show long text across multiple cells.

The other problem is, every blank cell appears with a zero on the new sheet.

All I want is an exact clone of my master spreadsheet, that mirrors all updates, and when viewed the two sheets look identical.

One would think a simple Paste Link would work, but unfortunately this appears to be a function Mr Gates either overlooked, or made bloody difficult.

PaulB2005 09:20 07 Dec 05

Can i ask why you want to do this? I can't think of a practical application of such as feature that simply copying he file from location A to B wouldn't remedy.

goonerjlf 10:16 07 Dec 05

If I simply copy the file from A to B, how is B then going to be automatically updated with data I populate A with?

The reason I want to do this, is because there are 24 excel workbooks, each containing numerous worksheets on a shared drive. I want to link some of these worksheets identically within a single, seperate workbook.

driving man 11:19 07 Dec 05

Can you not E Mail them to yourself as an attatchment, open them in your program and then save

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…