spreadsheet problem

langer 19:10 18 Oct 07

Hi. I'm in the process of creating a timesheet to use at work in which the hours people work are entered. I've just about completed everything but I have one problem. I need my final entry which contains a formula that shows how many hours an employee has worked to appear red if the value is less than 0.I would appreciate any ideas.

VoG II 19:11 18 Oct 07

Assuming this is in Excel, take a look at Conditional Formatting click here

VoG II 19:14 18 Oct 07

Or use a Custom format such as

#,##0;[Red]-#,##0

I'm assuming that you are not using Time in Excel because Excel won't display negative times (unless you use the 1904 date system).

langer 19:49 18 Oct 07

I'm already using the 1904 date system in order to display negative times. How do I use custom format exactly. Do I have to enter the custom format in the cell where my formula appears. Not sure at all.

VoG II 19:57 18 Oct 07

Click in the cell that you want to format, Format > Cells. On the Number tab click on Custom then enter your format in the box that says 'Type:'.

You may want to use a different format to the one I posted but the basic syntax is

positive number format; [Red] negative number format

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…