Spreadsheet in open office

Daiol 20:41 PM 28 Aug 11

Hi,Not long installed open office,And went to some some of my weekly accounts which I did with excell.Done all the info but when it came to adding up the weekly spending I could not find a way to add up the 4 cells IE I wanted to add cell 1 column c =£16.58p.Cell 2 column C = £ 23.55p.How do I add those up,With microsoft spreadsheet I could lighlight the req cells and click on a symbol in the top tool bar.Any help please. daiol.

Belatucadrus 21:04 PM 28 Aug 11

The Sum button is on the Formula bar which I thought was part of the default setting, if not try View then tick Formula bar which should reveal it.

Daiol 21:07 PM 28 Aug 11

Yea Thanks found the sum button thats the sideways 'M'.That does additions,Now how about subtractions is there another tab for that Thanks.d.

AroundAgain 21:20 PM 28 Aug 11

"Now how about subtractions is there another tab for that"

Is there one in Excel? If so, what does it look like?

Or, are you just hopeful??? ;)

Daiol 21:33 PM 28 Aug 11

didn't use excell sorry it was spread sheet in microsoft works it had an calculator type icon on tool bar you had an option to add subtract multiply etc.Thanks.

octal 22:13 PM 28 Aug 11

It should look like this on the top tool bar ? it's called a summation sign or Sigma sign.

octal 22:17 PM 28 Aug 11

Sorry, it won't take the coding on this site for it, like this though.

Daiol 05:42 AM 29 Aug 11

thanks all Sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Book review: Hands-on with Microsoft's impressive first laptop (better yet, it's a tablet t)…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Walking Dead VFX: a look back from Seasons 1-6

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November