Sporder.dll

johndrew 13:49 31 Oct 06

I am running XP Pro SP2.

I have just upgraded my AVG to 7.5 and carried out a scan which came up with one hit; sporder.dll and Downloader.Agent.GPZ. AVG deleted both.

I have `Googled` both identities and found that sporder.dll is, apparently, a required part of Windows click here and that Agent.GPZ is malware click here

These two statements appear to conflict as, according to AVG one equates to the other. Can anyone provide any clarification or suggestions as to a way forward to gain better information?

Thanks in anticipation.

VoG II 13:57 31 Oct 06

See click here

I think that if sporder.dll was in c:\windows\system32 it might have been legitimate but in another folder it would have been malware.

johndrew 14:06 31 Oct 06

Thanks for comming back so fast.

I have just looked in c:\windows\system32 and the sporder.dll is not present. I have downloaded a copy, should I just put that into the file?

I also found this click here which indicates there may be a problem without it!!

VoG II 14:17 31 Oct 06

I don't have that file. However it can't do many harm to put it in the system32 folder.

VoG II 14:17 31 Oct 06

I meant "any harm" !!

johndrew 17:21 31 Oct 06

Thanks for your help. I shall put it in the folder and see what AVG does the next time.

Take care.

VoG II 17:22 31 Oct 06

Similar thread click here

johndrew 20:08 31 Oct 06

Very interesting.

Looks very much as if AVG have introduced a false positive somehow. It`s only the first I`ve seen from them which is why it makes it a bit more concerning when it does crop up.

The link from the link (follow me?) you provide click here makes interesting reading. Talk about bite the hand..........

Thanks again for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…