Spooler subsystem error

pafc1 17:40 02 Sep 08

Hi All,
please can you help an old codger, last week I bought a new PC with Vista to replace my old machine, changed over ok, attached my Epson D88+ printer. Worked ok for a couple of days, but now has stopped working and gives the message SPOILER SUBSYSTEM HAS STOPPED WORKING AND WAS CLOSED also 0x000006ba.
Have no idea how to rectify this, can anyone help please?
Vic

brundle 16:04 03 Sep 08

This might help; click here

pafc1 17:20 03 Sep 08

thanks brundle for your help,Epson got back to me with this answer;

Please be advised that EPSON have not produced any updated drivers for your printer for Windows Vista. There are however, alternative drivers included as part of your operating system. To install these drivers please follow the instructions below:

1. From the Desktop select Start > Control Panel.

2. In the Control Panel select Printers.

3. In the Printers window click on Add Printer this will bring up the Add Printer wizard.

4. Select "Add Local Printer".

5. Select the correct Port for your Printer and click the "Next" button until you arrive at the screen entitled "Install the Printer Driver".

6. This screen will be split into two parts. On the left hand side you will need to pick the Manufacturer, in this case EPSON. On the right hand side select the model of your printer, when you have selected the options click the "Next" button to continue.

7. Keep clicking "Next" leaving all the settings at default until you reach the final screen where you will need to select "Finish".

This worked ok, so I did not need to touch the registry, I am not sure enough to make changes there,thangs again for your response,
Vic

brundle 18:33 03 Sep 08

OK, thanks for posting the answer - may help someone else in future too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…