Spooks in the system????

Lady Lara 17:37 28 Nov 05

i am having problems...... firstly i cannot 'switch user' it has stopped working. secondly i have just had the microsoft net passport login flash up several times when i am doing nothing. Then the login to msfrontpage was put up twice and i had to click cancel quickly. Is Big brother watching me???

Lady Lara 17:49 28 Nov 05

now also, when i look at the thumbnails of my folders they are distorted.... display settings, wallpaper etc are all fine........ spooky

rawprawn 17:51 28 Nov 05

Scan with the usual AVG and Spyware programs, if nothing is found run a system file check. Start/Run/Type sfc /scannow you will need your XP CD. (I am assuming XP)

rawprawn 17:52 28 Nov 05

Have you tried system restore???

Lady Lara 20:46 28 Nov 05

switch user still not working. Have run Spybot, adaware, avg (all up to date) AVG detected the following...... Java/ByteVerify (x4) and JS/PSMYE. AVG Deleted another one but think it was JS/PSYME but I habve delete the java files etc. Cannot do safe boot as it just restarts PC... HELP!!!!

ade.h 21:08 28 Nov 05

click here Read this and check whether FUS is still enabled.

ade.h 21:09 28 Nov 05

Also run services.msc and check whether Fast User Switching Compatibility is running.

Lady Lara 20:27 29 Nov 05

things went from bad to worse.. I shall explain... Ran Spybot, Spydoctor, avg and ad-aware. Found a few things but AG found 5 viruses (embedded). Then CD Drive stopped writing, printer refused to print and usb sticks could not be read. Cleared viruses and still no change. Got rather annoted and tried admin tools but that wouldn't play either. So... did the easy thing and reinstalled windows. Not too much data lost and am in the middle of rebuilding from backups.

Howver i do have another problem now.. see new post from me and thanks for advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…