Spoofstick software?

Daibus 11:17 11 Jan 05

I've just been reading about "Spoofstick" software which adds a Toolbar to your Browser and confirms if you are logged on to a genuine site or not.

I was wondering if there are any opinions on this software(which can be installed with IE or Firefox) and is it a worth while and safe download to have?

Cheers.

vinnyT 11:51 11 Jan 05

Just did a search on google for Spoofstick, and nothing untowards came up (though I only glanced at the 1st 2 pages).

Many good sources offering reviews/downloads, so would appear to be kosher.

Why not ask on the firefox forums as well.

You will have to make your own mind up about weather or not to dload/install.

Chris the Ancient 11:51 11 Jan 05

Being bold and venturesome, I've downloaded it.

Some referred to sites suggest that the font size is a little on the large size in the toolbar; but at the moment, I'm living with it!

I shall come back if it causes more/less problems. However, it does make a nice reminder of where you are and where you're looking!

Daibus 12:20 11 Jan 05

Thank you guys for your comments.

Now downloaded and agree that the font size is a little large but as you say, it does give a very nice reminder of where you're at and of course, hopefully, it will catch any dodgy sites.

We'll see how it goes.

iambeavis 14:31 11 Jan 05

I've been using it for a couple of months now with no problem. The font can be configured for size and colour.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced