Spontania Video4Skype

Stuartli 18:33 18 Jun 05

A few days ago I installed the Dialcom webcam software to allow video-conferencing with Skype (it's mentioned in a story in this website's news pages dated yesterday), but it won't work...:-)

It's the same story for the two offspring who've also installed it and can't get it to work.

Anyone had any success at all?

absent 20:19 18 Jun 05

It seems to work for me (you must have Skype running )although I am yet to try it on a live call.

Eastender 23:11 18 Jun 05

Downloaded it and tried it once but only got the video working one way.

Haven't bothered since as MSN Messenger has so many more features.click here

Angry Kid 10:50 19 Jun 05

Same story for me.

I am now trying another program. At least it works but could be developed further.

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:58 19 Jun 05

Tried Skype, totally unimpressed, went back to MSN Messenger, more features, excellent video and better sound quality. Skype are really going to have to perform miracles if they want to suck people off Messenger.

G

Stuartli 12:04 19 Jun 05

Many thanks for the responses.

GANDALF <|:-)>

We use Skype for three-way voice conferencing between the offspring (one a few miles away the other in BWI) and the sound quality is generally excellent and with no delay; there's only been one occasion when it was plagued with interference.

I'll keep trying although one of the offspring does keep going on about Messenger...:-)

Blubottle 11:33 12 Jul 05

I have just upgraded to Spontania video41M. this runs well with skype at the moment. I use it solely to call my daughter in Australia, we used to have a problem with Skype but then realized her BB was 128 kbps (not really broadband) now she has upgraded to a 1 meg speed the connection works quite well, and the new spontania lets you choose full sreen Video, MSM messenger does not. early days yet lets see how it progesses

Blubottle 11:34 12 Jul 05

I have just upgraded to Spontania video41M. this runs well with skype at the moment. I use it solely to call my daughter in Australia, we used to have a problem with Skype but then realized her BB was 128 kbps (not really broadband) now she has upgraded to a 1 meg speed the connection works quite well, and the new spontania lets you choose full sreen Video, MSM messenger does not. early days yet lets see how it progesses

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…