Spoken word tracks on mp3 player

exdragon 08:40 19 Mar 05

Hi, I'm having problems doing this: I've copied a story CD onto my Creative Zen, using EasyCD Creator's SoundStream and because there's no track title, the tracks are numerical. I then copied a French language tape but firstly, because the tracks were numbered the same as the story CD, I got the story, not the French lesson.

In EasyCD, I then used the prefix Fr for each track, as in Fr01, Fr02 as well as 001, 002 etc, but I still get the story. I've tried changing the French tracks in the mp3 player, but to no avail. I'm now word perfect in the story and useless at French...

Does anyone have any ideas, please? I've got XP and don't want Nero!

Storik 13:03 19 Mar 05

When copying the CD, can't you divide it into two? My memory let's me down at times and I'm afraid this is one of them. However, I seem to recall that after copying the first files, if you don't finalise the disk, you can then add further files. It probably isn't what you want, but this at least puts you back to the top again.

Storik

exdragon 22:51 19 Mar 05

Thanks, Storik, but the problem is transferring tracks from the PC's hard drive to the mp3. If I have two 'spoken' CDs transferred to the mp3, and one of them is first on the playlist, and the other fourth, whenever I pick the one which is fourth, it will play the tracks from the first, if you see what I mean. This is even though the first tracks are numbered 01, 02, 03 etc and the fourth are numbered FR01, FR02 etc. I also tried using 001, 002...

Bit complicated to try and explain, perhaps I'd better stick to music!

Anyone else any idea before I give it up as a bad job?

Storik 23:00 19 Mar 05

yes I understand what you mean now. Have you tried giving each a full name? I think they will they play alphabetically. Just a thought.

Storic

exdragon 00:08 20 Mar 05

Hmm - don't think it's going to work, as the books are, in effect, just chapters, and the language ones are just, well, numbered sections. Each time I try to listen to section 1 of the French recording, I get the first chapter of a Dick Francis book!

Giving up and going to bed...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…