splitting tracks

Alfredo 15:23 13 Nov 07

can anybody tell me a simple and uncomplicated way of splitting a music album that comes as one long track (inserting the 2 second breaks) i've tried a few , but they are complicated . do i need a sound editor , and are there any out there that are easy and free ??? .... alfredo

JanetO 15:30 13 Nov 07

HJ-Split may be able to do it click here

realist 18:00 13 Nov 07

Audacity is a free easy-to-use music editor that enables you to manipulate mp3 tracks:
click here

eedcam 18:41 13 Nov 07

Even the best will only try and seperate at silent gaps and can get it wrong .As said audacity for free you need to select each track individually it has a silence finder which will save you searching for the gaps you can just check there accuracy before you select and save it then export to whichever folder you want then when you have them all burn with Nero or what have you

dogbreath1 18:48 13 Nov 07

Direct WAV mp3 Splitter is superb.

click here

It is not free, but it is excellent.

You can use the auto detect gap feature and before doing the split, just check out the track running times on click here.

Also, if the album is accompanied by a cue sheet, you can 'point' the cue sheet to the location of the file to be split and import it directly into the splitter. Works a treat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…