splitting mpegs

The Morl Man 14:54 04 Feb 03

does anybody know of any good FREE software to split mpegs as some files i have cannot fit onto one disk?

thanx

Big Ben 14:59 04 Feb 03

why not try winzip click here - it allows you to span more than one disk - i assume u mean floppy disks

The Morl Man 15:04 04 Feb 03

no, cd's, they're big mpegs!

MichelleC 15:33 04 Feb 03

I think you can split mpegs with VirtualDub: click here

siouxah1 15:46 04 Feb 03

Another possibility is 'hjsplit'. Not sure of the site address, but it is freeware and I used it yesterday to split a 950Mb mpeg1 for burning to 2 CD's. A search on Google should bring up the address.

Regards Brian

Amry 17:39 04 Feb 03

It depends on what you mean by "splitting". If you want to split the file so that you can, perhaps, back them up on more than one media (e.g, two or more CD-Rs), than most, if not all, compression tools support multiple disk spanning. Of course, if you need to view your MPEGs again, you have to re-assemble all the pieces back.

If, on the other hand, you have this huge MPEG that you want to halve so that you can independently view each half, then Windows XP's Movie Maker can adequately do the job. For specialized tools... well, ask the guys above.

Mr Scone 18:06 04 Feb 03

You can use VirtualDub as MichelleC said. Alternatively, you can also use virtualdub to reencode the video using, for example, the DIVX codec => DIVX avi file instead

MS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…