Splitting MP3 tracks

ken123 14:59 25 Jul 05

Hi, can anybody help - I am in the process of converting cassete recordings of my album collection into MP3 files. Unfortunately, this results in one MP3 file of each whole album. Is there any quick & easy way of splitting this single MP3 into MP3s of each of the original tracks of the album. I have looked at a couple of programmes from the PCA download section (MP3 splitter/Audio Splitter), but these dont seem to be up to the job.

Ken

Philwane 15:09 25 Jul 05

If you use nero as your burning program

Use nero wave editor this should do what you want

Pidder 18:41 25 Jul 05

A long way round would be with a prog such as "Clean" to split an original Wave recording into individual tracks and then convert them to MP3s. Not the cheapest or quickest way, I know, but this is how I would do it with 98SE.

kinger 19:51 25 Jul 05

I use MusicMatch Jukebox.

You can set for 'auto detect' and it will mark the beginning of each song and split it.

Go into Recording settings then Advanced to see this option.

You can even set it to ignore tape hiss noise by adjusting the level of detection or time of gap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…