splitting an MP3 file

Newuser4654 10:37 15 Mar 03

I have an audio book MP3 file loaded on my computer. I want to burn this file onto cds. It will take 4 cds to hold the 4hour file. Can anyone please tell me how to split the file into four to allow me to burn each segment onto separate cds.Any tips gratefully received.

-pops- 10:51 15 Mar 03

?

I have some radio plays converted into MP3 and 2·5 hours worth is 128MB or thereabouts. These are WAV files converted at the default MP3 compression given by the converter included in Creative Playcenter.

4 CDs for 4 hours seems like no compression at all.

€d

leo49 10:51 15 Mar 03

This freeware will allow you to edit into instalments and save as new files for burning. It's non-destructive of the original file so safe to use.It's pretty intuitive to use but after recommending it to another forum member a few months ago I did compile a simple graphical extra help guide for him so if that would be of use to you get in touch.

click here

Regards

-pops- 10:54 15 Mar 03

Please note my "at" in the phrase "converted at the default" should read "to"

Sorry about that

paddyboy1980 12:42 15 Mar 03

Hey could look for a program called file split on a site such as download.com its simple to use and you can specify the exact size of a split file
hope this helps...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…