Split BB Connection

BranVan39 10:30 14 Sep 04

I have AOL Broadband and would like to split the connection between my two networked computers. I have networked my two computers and want to share the BB. They are connected via cross-over.

Any ideas how to this?

Andrew

stylehurst 11:12 14 Sep 04

Although you have your 2 PC's connected via a cross over cable, I would strongly recommend that that you revert to a standard cable and instal a router, that way you could connect either of your PC's to the AOL BB without having to have the host PC (the one that has AOL installed) always swithed on before you can connect to the Internet via the other computer.
If ytou do not want to go down the router route then BB sharing can be done by enabling Internet Connection sharing.

BranVan39 11:16 14 Sep 04

Thanks very much for your reply. I would only need to use the second computer when the first one was turned on. How do I enable Internet Connection Sharing?

Thanks
Andrew

TomJerry 12:41 14 Sep 04

open windown help, type "Internet Connection Sharing", you will find instruction there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…