splinter cell will not run

sirbobby 16:06 22 Jun 04

i have recently purchased the pc version of splinter cell,but when i have installed it it will not run is there anything i need to get to make this program run, help would be most appreciated

Kate B 16:16 22 Jun 04

What's your computer's spec? Maybe it's not up to the job? Modern games are pretty demanding.

duckers 16:18 22 Jun 04

what error messages are you getting?
It will no work with software such as CloneCD installed as it recoignises certain copy protection threats...

MartinT-B 19:31 22 Jun 04

Official Splinter Cell Help Forum click here They might have a resolve - read the stickies before posting.

I guarantee they will need full PC specs + any error codes and/or a description of the problem.

"Help it won't start" won't cut it.

rickimalone 20:10 22 Jun 04

Yes whats specs do you have?

LillyValley 21:48 22 Jun 04

Splinter Cell needs very high spec AND updated drivers too. It's a great game but very hungry in resources. Make sure your antivirus is not running while Splinter Cell is loaded.

Minimum Intel Pentium ® III 1GHz
256 MB RAM
3D-Graphic card with 32 MB RAM (compatible with GeForce2 or better)
Windows® 98, ME, 2000, XP
DirectX®9.0a or higher
2 GB free fixed disk storage

Recommended Intel Pentium® 4 1,8 GHz
512 MB RAM
3D-Graphic card with 64 MB RAM (compatible with GeForce4 Ti or better)
2 GB free fixed disk storage
Windows® 98, ME, 2000, XP
DirectX® 9.0a or higher
Spellforce Patch (check on the current patch version).

NB Your graphics card type is also important. What make is it? ie ATI, nVidia....or somethingelse?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…