Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow Problem

Tenacious Green 17:42 29 Jul 05

Have today Installed the titled game with no problem at all, but it wont run 9 times out of ten. All I get is Half a black screen and my desktop in a low resolution. The strange thing is that every now and then it will run.

If I try to run qithout the DVD in the drive It will run to Main menu. If you the select from that menu it will ask for DVD. With the DVD in the drive it wont get that far?

I have no programs like alcohol running, only Roxio. It has firewall permission and My computer is well within the min requirements. Ubisoft forums don't have the answer although a few appear to have similar problems. Thanks in aniticpation

Tenacious Green 22:05 29 Jul 05

I've now discovered that if the disc stays in the DVD drive lying dorment and then I try to run the game it works, but not when the disc is first put in? Although I can now get it to work more often I would be grateful of any ideas to cure this rather annoying problem.

Madscot_uk 22:19 29 Jul 05

I had the same problem with the game, found i needed to be connected to the internet in order to get the game to load correctly, after eventually getting zonealarm configured correctly. I got round it by running the single player game directly, its found in: "E:\Games\Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow\offline\system\SplinterCell2.exe", substitute "E:\games\" for wherever you have the game installed. I belive the muliplayer option can be selected in this way too altho i'm not sure where the .exe is.

Hope this helps

Tenacious Green 12:04 30 Jul 05

Thanks, will try that later. Seems a strange problem!

mattyc_92 12:12 30 Jul 05

I had a simular problem, which I discovered that if there is an internet connection open the game just froze my system (even though my firewall was allowing the game to connect to the net)

ACOLYTE 12:54 30 Jul 05

I had a similar problem with Ravenshield Rainbow six 3,but it was the other away round the internet had to be enabled or the game wouldnt load,wierd and it only happened after i patched the game to use Punkbuster.So to play a lan game i needted to dissable punkbuster for it to work.

Tenacious Green 14:15 30 Jul 05

Just curios, but I chose not to install punkbuster at install as I don't intend playing the multiplayer side of the game. I wonder if that may have some bearing on the problem.

Tenacious Green 18:20 30 Jul 05

It was Zone alarm all the time. I decided to shut it down to see if that was the problem and bobs your uncle it worked, Switched it back on and it didn't.
I suspect that because the screen goes partialy black, I couldn't see zone alarm asking for further permission even though I had given it permission already. I looked through the ZA program list and found spookly enough the same name as mentioned by MADSCOT, the splintercell2.exe. I gave that permission and it all appears to be working OK now. That was needed aswell as the Pandora.exe which I had already given permission.

You'd think something like that would be mentioned in Ubisoft support or Forums! Guess theres only one place to come!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…