Splinter Cell Game

i have installed splinter cell. at first it worked fine now i cannot get it to run and the SC icon has been replaced by the white oblong box with blue top. The game will not start at all. i think it may be something i have installed. i have tried the restore function on xp but it tells me unable to restore. what is going on. help me please.

Jester2K II 10:45 27 Jun 03

Got to ask this. Is it a legal copy? Some games when copied will disable themsleves over time like Operation Flashpoint.

tenaka 11:16 27 Jun 03

if the icon is on your desktop or in the start menu, the fact it has changed to the default program icon means that what you are looking at is a shortcut that is pointing to nothing, or rather the file it is supposed to point to is missing.

Have you moved the game directory at all?

If the icon you refer to is in the installation directory then it sounds as though it has become corrupted somehow, so the icon it should have is now unreadable by Windows.

Try re-installing it if you are un-sure about checking these things. Choosing the same directory as before will prolly wipe out your kay changes but keep any saved games.

i was a little stupid for some reason the graphics card had disabled. just had to reinstal the drivers and eh i'm sam.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…