Splash ups

flobby 11:33 05 Apr 03

Hi All, I have Zone Alarm and Pop up stopper installed on my computer. And what I would like to know is HOW can I get rid of the splash screen that appears on boot up. I know it is not major but it is annoying.
Thanks for your help.
Cheers, Flobby

xtreme_computing 11:36 05 Apr 03

1) Right click on the Zone Alarm icon and select properties.

2) On the Shortcut tab, in the target field, enter in exactly:

"C\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zonealarm.exe" -nosplash

personal i like to see it, as i know it has loaded!

MAJ 13:00 05 Apr 03

And you need to have the Pro version of Popup Stopper do disable the splash screen for that utility (PanicWare).

flobby 14:24 06 Apr 03

xtreme_computing
I have right clicked and I do not get properties to select. All I get is "Engage internet lock" "Stop all internet activity" "Restore Zone alarm Control centre" and "Shutdown Zone Alarm"

Cheers, Flobby

StanH 20:03 06 Apr 03

It is the desktop icon you need, not the one in the taskbar. If you do not have one already, create a desktop shortcut and use that icon.

xtreme - don't you get indication in your taskbar that it has loaded?

Legolas 21:04 06 Apr 03

xtreme_computing I am running XP and I cannot get your input to work I know there is a way because I have done it before.

StanH 07:08 07 Apr 03

Using ME, in windows explorer go to

C/windows/start menu/ programs/ startup

You may find a shotcut to Zone Alarm there - if so you will find all that xtreme mentions already there except for the "nosplash" which you should add. On mine there is a space between the exe" and nosplash but no hyphen

xtreme_computing 11:25 07 Apr 03

sorry i should have been more clear.

if you goto start/programs/zonelabs/and right click the zonealarm/properties

then you can do what i explained above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…