spillt coffee on laptop keyboard

513 23:43 25 May 06

there it is. How do you cleand a laptop keyboard after splling coffee on it. Some of the keys dont work. Any ideas? Thank you

Totally-braindead 23:49 25 May 06
  WhiteTruckMan 00:04 26 May 06

1-A hot (or sugary) drink spilled on them

2-leaving things (typically pens/pencils) on the keyboard. Only a problem when you come to close the lid!

3-Boisterous house apes or other animals tripping over the power lead and snapping the socket in the machine.

Dont bother with warrantys as they usually only cover faulty workmanship, not accidental damage.

WTM

Totally-braindead 00:07 26 May 06

WhiteTruckMan a lot of household insurances, in the worse case scenario, cover accidental damage, and this is mentioned in the link I posted.
I agree though that warranties do not cover accidental damage but they do cover hardware failures.

513 00:10 26 May 06

Thank you. My sons keyboard. Its a Dell so I dont know if it opens but will show him all suggestions in the morning, Thanks again

p;3 00:18 26 May 06

I admit mine get dunked in a bath and scrubbed with an old toothbrush, being very careful to keep the "business end" of the flex out of the water; then a thorough few days dry off in the airing cupboard; my last attempt actually set off my tower alarm! (keyboard not sufficiently dry enough); the gunk and rubbish that a clean-up finds can be quite alarming; including the odd blob of marmalade stuck down the keys...one kept my O button going for a long OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO::)))

Totally-braindead 00:19 26 May 06

I'll be honest with you 513 I only ever took one laptop apart, it was an old one and was a total nightmare reassembling it, it took me hours and a lot of cursing and swearing.
After that I honestly would be very wary of trying it again. I'd have a look on the Dell website as they have some good manuals etc and see if theres anything there about your laptop. With any luck it may just come off with removal of a few screws.
Heres the website I mean click here

Totally-braindead 00:21 26 May 06

p;3 I think you were rather lucky and hope you were not proposing that they dump their laptop in the bath.

Babou 00:46 26 May 06

Friend of mine spilt coffee on her Power Book and got a brand new one on her insurance. Lost a big feature article she'd nearly finished writing, though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…