Spillage on mouse mat.

wolfie3000 11:32 07 Aug 06

Just spilt my coffee on my mouse mat and its soaked it,

Any ideas about cleaning it?

Its one of those cheap spongy ones.

mad1234 11:41 07 Aug 06

personally i would stick it in the bin & buy a new one

wolfie3000 11:43 07 Aug 06

well i guess i will have to but its a shame to waste it.

id rather try to clean it first.

Belatucadrus 12:31 07 Aug 06

Try rinsing it out in warm water then stick in the airing cupboard for a day. Or assuming it's a nice day put it to dry outside.

Bingalau 12:38 07 Aug 06

When I first went to night school to have my first computer lesson, the instructor told us that one good rule to remember is never take food or drink anywhere near a computer.. But I would guess we all do so at some time or other because like you I am having a coffee right now too. I would just put the mouse mat in a bowl of washing up water and let it soak for a while then rinse it a few times and dry it in an airing cupboard or out in the sunshine on a flat surface. ..Bingalau..

amonra 13:29 07 Aug 06

Suck it dry !!! Gum it to death.

Batch 13:30 07 Aug 06

my wife is well practised at that!

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:39 07 Aug 06

Get a bowl of hot water with a LITTLE washing up liquid in it. Thoroughly wash the mat and stick in airing cupboard overnight. It will be fine. If you use a n optical mouse you do not need a mat so I assume you are using a rollerball mouse.

G

Stuartli 13:58 07 Aug 06

50p upwards for a new one...:-)

I have an optical mouse but still use a mouse mat. I cover it with a sheet of A4 paper as all the mouse mats I own have some form of dark patterns or wording on, which can cause problems for the mouse's efficiency.

mad1234 14:08 07 Aug 06

PUT IT IN THE BIN & BUY A NEW ONE. IT'S THE ONLY WAY
GUM IT TO DEATH? MUST BE A BIG LOVER OF COFFEE!

Batch 14:08 07 Aug 06

Yeah - I have problems with optical mice - they don't like some surfaces and don't like most mouse mats!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…