Spill on Laptop

hzhzhz 18:45 24 Apr 05

My daughter has just phoned me to say that she knocked a glass of water onto the keyboard of her mothers laptop (I have warned them about this danger). Is this problem really really bad. What is the worst thing that can happen to this laptop.

jimv7 19:22 24 Apr 05

1, don't turn it on, disconnect the battery and leave the laptop to dry out for a month or so.

2, contact your insurance company.

Giggle n' Bits 19:37 24 Apr 05

I would not attempt to use this again. I would call your insurance company, it is a geniune accident.

wiz-king 21:26 24 Apr 05

Most keyboards are fairly waterproof. Remove the battery and put the laptop in the airing cupboard for a week then cross fingers and try it. If it works all is well, if not then you will have not damaged it any more than spilling the water in it in the first place. I have recovered several keyboards from coffee and orange juice this way and even a mobile phone that ended up in the loo...dont ask how! It didn't work on a phone that has been through a hot wash and tumble dry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…