Spider Solitaire High Scores - where are they?

Oscar 00:57 21 Jan 03
  Oscar 00:57 21 Jan 03

Not a question of huge importance I know but would appreciate any help.

How are the high scores for Spider Solitaire in Windows XP stored - are they in a file and if so where is it. My aim is to be able to move the file of high scores (if such a thing exists) to another location so that a newly created user can keep the high scores they created earlier before their own account was in place.

Windows XP Home Edition upgrade from ME, FAT32 retained. I think its AMD Athlon 900 and 128MB ram but not sure that that will be relevant. (It's on a friends PC)

Many thanks.

Pumas 01:21 21 Jan 03

Game, Statistics

This gives the high score but no names are collected.

Pumas

Pumas 01:40 21 Jan 03

Its in the registry.

If you're not used to the registry editor be careful. A backup would be recomended.

Access regedit: Start, run type "regedit".

IF YOU ARE UNSURE DO NOT CONTINUE

The spider solitaire key is located at:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1078081533-1383384898-842925246-1003\Software\Microsoft\Spider

The DWORD values that you are interested in are: HighScore_Difficult, HighScore_Easy and HighScore_Medium.

Double-click to view the value data for these values and note them down.

Access the same place on the other account/computer and substitute these values for the ones on that computer.

This should replace their high-score with yours.

Warning: Note down all values you replace in case you mess up. Do not delete any keys/values. Don't do anything you are unsure of. Do this at your own risk.

Hope that helps

Pumas

Pumas 01:50 21 Jan 03

Ignore the path I gave you for the registry key. That one is for my user account (on my computer and only mine).

Instead go to the nicer sounding:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Spider

Everything else is the same.

Pumas

PS If you are a registry genius, I apologise for asuming you have basic knowledge of the registry.

Oscar 08:07 21 Jan 03

As I said it's not my computer. This gives me an answer and an option for my friend so I shalll see what he says.

Thank you very much for your replies.

Pumas 16:21 21 Jan 03

I hope it helps

Pumas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…