SPG Alert, what is it?

TommyRed 16:29 22 Jul 04

Looking at my desktop, one of the kids seems to have downloaded 'LimeWire' a P2P program, now when I log into my user account I get the following :- SPG Alert. SPG detected attempt to alter internal data structures and/or failed consistency check. You are advised to check your computer for virus infection, trojans or other malicious software. Your start or search page may have been altered, all setttings should be verified. In case of trouble re-install SPG from trusted source. Do you wish to run SPG. Y or N
Am running AVG 6, all up to date, checked with Trend Micro Housecall, swept with Spybot, Ad-Aware and Avast Virus Cleaner, no problems found but this message pops up every time I reboot. Will remove program when culprit comes in, anything else to do? TR

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:32 22 Jul 04

SPG Start page guard click here

TommyRed 16:36 22 Jul 04

There seems to be an Internal Server Error with that link. TR

TommyRed 16:42 22 Jul 04

I seem to remember running Startpage guard last night after about:blank problem, so there's every chance the culprit is none other than me. I'll check the settings. TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…