Please help.
When I try to use Spell Check in OutLook Express
I get the following message,
(A error occurred while spelling was being
checked)
Has anyone had this problem?
Thanks.

anon1 12:26 16 Mar 04

Have a look under the spelling tab in properties and make sure the settings are correct for 1 your requirements and 2 the dictionary is there

Stuartli 12:38 16 Mar 04

OE uses Word or similar word processors for the Spell Check facility.

Otherwise you could install an OE spell checker utility - there's often one on cover disks or try the Downloads section at the top of the page.

Belatucadrus 12:38 16 Mar 04

"Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint. If you do not have one of these programs installed, the Spelling command is not available."

Do you have any of the above installed ?

Stuartli 12:54 16 Mar 04

The March 2004 PC Advisor cover disk includes both AutoSpell for Outlook Express and Spell Checker for OE under the subtitle Helpline.

GroupFC 13:19 16 Mar 04

In addition to an Office app. You may also need another file (for the life of me I can't remember what it is or where I got it from!) to make spell checker work in OE.

GroupFC 13:24 16 Mar 04

Found something!

Have a look at this click here. Seems to be a perfect description of your problem!

MDSS 13:28 16 Mar 04

Thanks for all your replies.
I have Checked the spelling tab, the directory(English) and I have Office 97 on my computer.
and it still will not work.
Any more ideas?

GroupFC 13:59 16 Mar 04

You need to go to my link above and get the file csapi3t1.dll and place it in the folder "Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof". The link also gives you a number of ohter things to try.

I had exactly the same problem with OE6 and Office 97 and I got a copy of the DLL file and it did fix it!

Valvegrid 15:16 16 Mar 04

You could try this little program:

click here

You don't need to rely on any of the MS office packages installed to us spellcheck.

MDSS 17:00 17 Mar 04

Thank all for your replies.
But none of them worked, so in desperation I uninstalled Office 97, reinstalled an quess what
it worked.
I have no idea why.
Thanks all again.
Martin Stubbs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…