TC 1 22:53 04 Dec 03

Hi'
can any body please tell me why spell check does
not work in outlook express

thank's TCI

VoG II 22:57 04 Dec 03

You need Word installed. Is it?

JIM 22:57 04 Dec 03

Outlook Express does not have a spell checker. However, it can make use of the spell checker in Microsoft Office 95 or later, or Microsoft Works (later versions, which include Microsoft Word) if present.

If you have a suitable Microsoft application installed on your computer but spell checking does not work, the most common cause of this problem is a missing file which Outlook Express requires in order to make use of the Office spellchecker.

click here

powerless 22:58 04 Dec 03

Do you have Word installed?

JIM 22:59 04 Dec 03

must switch of my firewall ;)

powerless 23:01 04 Dec 03

nbtstat ;-)

siouxah1 00:00 05 Dec 03

Try this add on spell checker, free from here

click here

Regards Brian j

Valvegrid 06:48 05 Dec 03

If you don't have M$ Word installed, you can add a 'bolt-on' spellchecker from here:

click here

I used to use it when I removed M$ Office to try Open Office instead, so I know it works very well.

Paul.

User-312386 07:58 05 Dec 03

is popular with a lot of people

click here

a spell checker that is

mosfet 14:47 06 Dec 03

My spell check also didn't work,so I followed your link.(missing file).I did as it said,to copy the said file from the XP rom,but it was already in there(proof file).Did it again..no good..So I took the file from w98se,(also on my pc dual boot).It was,as I knew in already,so I overwrote again.....It worked great.Does this mean then that the rom's have faulty files?
Regards Les

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…