spellchecker for wordpad/notepad

Newuser2 21:33 21 Jan 05

Does anyone know of a spell checker that will work with the above, as always thanks for any help.

Diodorus Siculus 21:38 21 Jan 05

MicroSpell Spell Checker - Plain Text, HTML, LaTeX, TeX
click here

SANTOS7 21:41 21 Jan 05

click here should help,good luck..........

SANTOS7 21:46 21 Jan 05

tis the same thing but me links not working, can see why but no need to duplicate

Newuser2 22:13 21 Jan 05

Many thanks guys it works a treat.

Pesala 22:54 21 Jan 05

Just as easy to use as Wordpad, but has a few useful extras including zoom, favourites, and spell-check. click here

Looks like it was written for kids, but still a superb program. Now my default editor for RTF documents.

GaT7 23:02 21 Jan 05

SANTOS7 - your link doesn't work because it has 'this' at the end ;0)

Thanks Pesala. I'm going to try Jarte. G

Pesala 23:03 21 Jan 05
  Pesala 23:05 21 Jan 05
  GaT7 23:13 21 Jan 05

Are these spellcheckers, you guys are suggesting, for British or American English, or both? I'd preferably like one that does British English (or both). G

Pesala 23:27 21 Jan 05

It comes with an American-English dictionary containing more than 110,000 words.

Microspell also seems to be US English with an option to import Ispell word lists.

"Includes comprehensive American English dictionary. MicroSpell includes a thoroughly checked American English "main" dictionary and several sample user dictionaries, including one with many computer-related terms. Other dictionaries based on public domain lists are also available. MicroSpell can also import Ispell word lists which cover British English, French, German, Spanish, and other languages. (We are seeking other non-English word lists; if you know of any good ones, please let us know.)"

Jarte's spell check has an option for US or British English. Both are included in the download. You can add your own words too, of course.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…