Spell checking in Google Chrome?

spuds 26 Jul 11
Answered

I have just started to use Google Chrome, due to problems with IE8.

Looking at the spell checker facility for Chrome seems to be US English only, and UK English is not available for spell checking?.

Have I got this right, or if there a way to spell check in UK English?.

octal 26 Jul 11

Try going to the little spanner in the top right hand corner, then go down to preferences and click on the link to under the bonnet, there is a button to change the spellcheck language. Does that help?

chub_tor 26 Jul 11

In the version of Chrome that I have it is found under the spanner, then Options, Under the Bonnet, Web Content, Languages and Spell Cecker Settings.

octal 26 Jul 11

I think this explains it better from the FAQ in Chrome.

spuds 26 Jul 11
Answer

Thanks guys for the response. Got it solved now. In the language input it was showing as per my original thread. I had to place English UK below English US and English and click on add so it appeared as a new entry on column, then reboot.

Will tick as resolved.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message