Spell checker problem ?

jarani 00:35 06 Sep 08

I am with Orange for my sins and get lots of spam in French each day which I religiously delete en mass 2 or 3 times a day without ever reading any since I don't know French

about a week ago my faithful spell checker in OE stopped working on emails not recognising any English words - I checked today only to find that the default language is now French without any alternatives listed so that I cannot change it back to English of any persuasion : UK, US or Can

It must have been introduced by some form of malicious virus

How can I change it back to English ?
My spell checker in IE which is ieSpell works perfectly --------- please help

rdave13 00:59 06 Sep 08

I'd honestly click this thread as closed and try again with a heading such as 'Outlook Express corrupted to French'. Or something similar as original title doesn't seem relevant somehow as to the problem. Might get more pertinent responses.

lotvic 01:15 06 Sep 08

it usually happens after installing Office 2007 click here

octal 07:43 06 Sep 08

You might be able to install a standalone program like this one click here which doesn't depend on any other application for its spellchecker.

jarani 09:01 06 Sep 08

lotvic - it does coincide with downloading of the Office 2007 - it would have never occurred to me - the ? now is how to solve the problem - thank you and others for the input so far - jarani

lotvic 11:22 06 Sep 08

If you have your office 2000 or 2003 disk you can install spell checker from that. Here's how from another pca thread click here

jarani 17:05 06 Sep 08

lotvic - many thanks for your last link - it worked for me too like a dream - that is the value of this forum - jarani

lotvic 19:04 06 Sep 08

Glad it's sorted :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…