Spell Checker in Outlook Express for emails

malaya 13:55 11 Jul 05

I am working with Microsoft XP Home and Outlook Express and I have no Spell Check for my emails. I have copied the followong programs Csapi3t1.l and Csapi3t1.dll from C:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\proof to C:\program files\outlook express successfully. When I go to outlook and click on Tools, Options there is nothing where I can call in Spell checker, Does anyone know what the next procedure is. baffled, malaya.

VoG II 14:17 11 Jul 05

Do you have Microsoft Office installed? click here

Belatucadrus 14:43 11 Jul 05

If not try click here

brambles 10:01 12 Jul 05

Open Outlook Express - open a Create Email message form. Click on View/ Toolbars / Customise.

Sapins 11:01 12 Jul 05

Many thanks for that, I've been looking for the Spellcheck for a Friend who has not got Word 2000 or Office.

malaya 15:14 14 Jul 05

Remember I am using Microsoft XP Home and trying to put Spell Checker onto my Outlook Express.
I have both programs csapi3t1.dll and ctapi3t2.dll in my Program files Outlook Express.
When in Outlook Express and Creating an email if I click View--Toolbar/customise the spelling is already ticked, but if I try to use it after my email is composed by clicking Tools(or f7)on the menu the Spelling is grey, indicating that it is inoperable. Any sugestions as to what my next step should be.
Incidently I have been try ing to post this query onto the Microsoft forum but although I have signed on correctly, I still do'nt know how to ask a question.
Many thanks to you who have sent replies to me.malaya

octal 15:55 14 Jul 05

If you use the program in Belatucadrus's link it will install a stand alone spellcheck for you, have you tried it?

GroupFC 15:57 14 Jul 05

Unless you have Microsoft Office programs installed, the spell-checker will never work!

The following is a direct quote from VoG™'s "click here":-
"...... because Outlook Express 6.0 uses the spelling checker that is installed with the following Microsoft Office programs:
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft PowerPoint
If you do not have one of these programs installed, the Spelling command is not available."

If you do have microsoft Office products installed post back, and I'll try and remember where the .dlls should go!

GroupFC 16:05 14 Jul 05

If those two files were in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof, as I understand that is where they should be, and there should be no need to copy them anywhere else!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…