Spell Check in Word 2003

Pan Man 16:03 16 Sep 05

I've just purchased laptop from Dabs which came with a preinstalled trial copy of Microsoft Office on usable for 60 days. I didn't want to use this as I have my own copy of M.S Office 2003 Pro which I installed after uninstalling the trial version. Everything works now except the spell checker which said it couln't find the welse dictionary everytime I ran it. I downloaded the welsh dictionary and installed it and now the spell checker runs but checks in welsh. There is the option to change it to English UK but when I do this it will not remain the default and changed back to welse after checking each word or when I relaunch Word. Before I installed the welse dictionary I was unable to even get to change the dictionarys. I have tried everything to keep English as the default with no use. Works 8 was also preinstalled on the machine and the spell check in this and in outlook express is english. Where do I have to point Word to check in English please before I loose any more hair.

Yoda Knight 16:10 16 Sep 05
  Pan Man 19:18 20 Sep 05

Sorted it. It was the preinstalled trial version of Microsoft Office that was causing the problem. Obviously when I unistalled it it took something with it. I formatted my Hard Drive and reinstalled XP without the Office Trial. My copy of Officed went on OK then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…