Spell Check

March Wind 08 Jul 11
Answered

I do not have a spell checker on this forum. Could you please tell me how do I get Spell Checker? I have Windows 7

ams4127 08 Jul 11

I use Google Toolbar with IE9. That includes a spellchecker.

TonyV 08 Jul 11

March Wind

I use Speckie. You can get it from http://www.speckie.com/home/. It is free and works very well with IE9. I tried IESpell for a long time which worked in earlier iterations of IE, but not IE9.

TonyV

onthelimit1 08 Jul 11
  lotvic 08 Jul 11

I downloaded the British Dictionary addon for Firefox

rdave13 09 Jul 11
Answer

Agree with TonyV. Make sure when you get a bad spelling then right click and select Speckie settings. That will open a new web page to download the 'English (United Kingdom)' dictionary. Make that the default.

I used Iespell for a long time but poor updating for the modern browser it fails miserably in my opinion - humble as it is.

March Wind 26 Sep 11

Thank you

lotvic 26 Sep 11

March Wind, congrats..... you did the green tick successfully :)

(this is a genuine congrats, I know the problems you've had getting to grips with new forum)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message