Speedtouch4a0c2c wireless router for laptop - Help

fratman 21:10 29 Aug 07

I have got a speedtouch4a0c2c wireless router for my fujitsu siemens laptop and i am getting an internet connection. However most of the time the connection is only at about 20% (very rarely is on 100%)and keeps on losing signal so that internet pages dont come up and is very slow. The latop is mostly in my room which is three floors up , however when i bring it down and put it next to the router the signal strength is still the same at about 20%.
Is there anybody that can help me with this please? Thanks in advance

setecio 23:23 29 Aug 07

If it is vista, then untick IPv6 protocol in the wireless connection properties

fratman 00:09 30 Aug 07

I have checked what u said but there is no box to untick the IPv6 protocol anywhere else i can find this?
Thanks

fratman 00:10 30 Aug 07

And my laptop is vista by the way.

setecio 20:21 30 Aug 07

This explains how to disable it

click here

fratman 21:36 30 Aug 07

I have disable the IPv6 however it still says limited connection for the IPv6 and connected to the internet for the IPv4 and i have seen no difference in the connection :( anything else i could do? Thanks

Dipso 22:06 30 Aug 07

Please stick to one thread...you have 3 running for the same problem.

setecio 22:17 30 Aug 07

Not sure what you mean fratman ... if you follow the instructions to uninstall ipv6 then you will no longer see any reference to it.

fratman 22:20 30 Aug 07

The instructions dont make sense though. I have unticked the box and then i dont really understand the bit it says after that.

setecio 09:25 31 Aug 07

Sorry, I uninstalled mine - maybe disabling still leaves references to it, and don't try the 2nd option unless you are competent at editing the registry as it can mess up the computer if done wrong. It must be something else - seems strange it is only 20% when right beside it - could be faulty gear ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5