Speedtouch Wireless Router & Windows Vista -

JJjstg 19:29 22 Dec 07

Speedtouch Wireless Router & Windows Vista

Hi I have just purchased a satellite P200 laptop and have tried to connect to my speedtouch 580 wireless router but keeps telling me that the passphrase is incorrect when I know it isn't.

I can get a connection when I go to zero security on the modem (level 0) however when I go to level 2 WPA it tells me incorrect pass-phrase. I have reset the passphrase just in case but still no joy.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Dazza40 19:50 22 Dec 07

Just a thought, not anything as simple as your keyboard settings. Mine used to default so that some numbers were letters. Sorry can't recall what it was called tecnically

Dazza40 19:53 22 Dec 07

If so does this help?

click here

JJjstg 23:05 22 Dec 07

Many thanks for the prompt response have checked this out and it seems the right data is being entered plus vista allow you to se the password/passphrase you are typing.

So still unresolved but thanks for the suggestion

Dipso 23:45 22 Dec 07

How many characters are you using for the password? I found if I used 63 random printable ASCII characters I couldn't connect but if I reduced it to 35 I could...this was a Netgear router.

JJjstg 01:25 23 Dec 07

I am using a 9 character password, nowhere near the numbers you mention; should I increase?

Regards

Dipso 09:16 23 Dec 07

No, it doesn't appear to be the same problem as I was having.

Sorry if obvious but have you tried copy and pasting the key rather than typing it. I use this click here to generate a passkey and copy/paste it from there.

Graham. 09:23 23 Dec 07
  FreeCell 14:56 23 Dec 07

Agree with Graham. I have a Speedtouch 580 that worked fine until I tried to connect a Vista laptop using wireless and WPA. Had to upgrade the router firmware. (No change to drivers needed)

I am currently on software release 4.3.2.9.0.

JJjstg 18:01 24 Dec 07

Many thanks for the info, not very techie do I need to insert the original driver into the CD to allow firmware upgrade?

Regards

John

Graham. 19:14 24 Dec 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…