Speedtouch PC ADSL modem / sound conflicts!!

Rob-G 10:23 06 Mar 05

Hello,
I used a Speedtouch USB for 2 years whilst I was on 512k and 1mbit services with pipex, but the day i got upgraded to 2meg the connection became highly unstable, so i bought a speedtouch pc internal pci device instead.
I fitted it and it worked fine, but it interferes with my sound card ! It makes the sound loop for a second or 2 at odd intervals , and then the modem will lose sync. With no sounds its fine.
I originally was using the AC97 onboard (realtek) audio, so i disabled that and fitted a soundblaster digital 4.1, to find the exact same thing happened!!
I've disabled hardware acceleration on the sound, and tried all steps inbetween, but i can see no reason for this happening !
Any help that any of you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Rob

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:07 06 Mar 05

What op system?

in device manager is the speed touch modem showing conflicts? is the sound card showing conflicts?

try changing soundcard IRQ to 7 rather than 5

Rob-G 18:35 06 Mar 05

im on win xp home, i took the speedtouch pc out and set up a etec 3812 router/modem thinking this would solve all my problems, well almost... the sound now works just fine, but the connection drops at random intervals on the router !! so im at a differnt problem now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…