SpeedTouch Modem - I've noticed this, though...

AngeTheHippy 14:23 14 Sep 04

When I for example, post a thread, as I did just moments ago in 'BB constantly disconnecting', the light on the left - USB - flickers and the page takes a little longer to change. It doesn't always happen, but am starting to look at EVERYTHING that's happening now...

AngeTheHippy
xx

Old Shep 14:30 14 Sep 04

I have a speedtouch and the left light flickers on and off when loading pages.

AngeTheHippy 14:55 14 Sep 04

OK, just a though really - trying to rule out ALL possible reasons why the damn thing keeps dropping the line... so the flickering light must be a standard thing with the SpeedTouch then,

Thank you,

A

JAN-BOY 15:07 14 Sep 04

Just to put your mind at rest, I too have a speedtouch modem. The left light always flickers when changing web pages and more so while downloading, in fact in can appear to be off with a heavy download.

ZEROTOLERANCE 15:09 14 Sep 04

Mine Too

ZT

AngeTheHippy 15:58 14 Sep 04

it would help if these bl***y manufacturers included documentation re. all parts of their products! I thought that might be the case, but if either of you've read my other current post, 'BB constantly disconnecting...' , you'll see why I'm trying to rule out absolutely everything!

A

Old Shep 16:23 14 Sep 04

Have posted this on your other thread.

Have you plugged your modem directly into your computer.Mine won't work through a hub.

Are you connected directly into your main telephone box.

AngeTheHippy 16:25 14 Sep 04

I've tried the modem in both desktop & laptop with same results. I've been advised to get a powered USB hub...

Furthark 19:28 15 Feb 05

AngeTheHippy. I had the same problem, try using a different USB port. the one I was using was also supporting my scanner, both requiring max power. Speedtouch could run for a couple of hours then drop the connection and then it wouldn't connect again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes