SpeedTouch Modem - I've noticed this, though...

AngeTheHippy 14:23 14 Sep 04

When I for example, post a thread, as I did just moments ago in 'BB constantly disconnecting', the light on the left - USB - flickers and the page takes a little longer to change. It doesn't always happen, but am starting to look at EVERYTHING that's happening now...

AngeTheHippy
xx

Old Shep 14:30 14 Sep 04

I have a speedtouch and the left light flickers on and off when loading pages.

AngeTheHippy 14:55 14 Sep 04

OK, just a though really - trying to rule out ALL possible reasons why the damn thing keeps dropping the line... so the flickering light must be a standard thing with the SpeedTouch then,

Thank you,

A

JAN-BOY 15:07 14 Sep 04

Just to put your mind at rest, I too have a speedtouch modem. The left light always flickers when changing web pages and more so while downloading, in fact in can appear to be off with a heavy download.

ZEROTOLERANCE 15:09 14 Sep 04

Mine Too

ZT

AngeTheHippy 15:58 14 Sep 04

it would help if these bl***y manufacturers included documentation re. all parts of their products! I thought that might be the case, but if either of you've read my other current post, 'BB constantly disconnecting...' , you'll see why I'm trying to rule out absolutely everything!

A

Old Shep 16:23 14 Sep 04

Have posted this on your other thread.

Have you plugged your modem directly into your computer.Mine won't work through a hub.

Are you connected directly into your main telephone box.

AngeTheHippy 16:25 14 Sep 04

I've tried the modem in both desktop & laptop with same results. I've been advised to get a powered USB hub...

Furthark 19:28 15 Feb 05

AngeTheHippy. I had the same problem, try using a different USB port. the one I was using was also supporting my scanner, both requiring max power. Speedtouch could run for a couple of hours then drop the connection and then it wouldn't connect again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…