speedtouch modem

12bore 12:25 02 Aug 09

I use speed touch to conect to internet but canot make a conection unles someone rings my phone or I remove and replace the reciever quickly

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:41 02 Aug 09

Check / change your filters sounds as if one is faulty.
Remember you need a filter on every phone appliance.

baldydave 12:45 02 Aug 09

Also remember to add/check filter on sky box telephone cable if you have sky,sometimes overlooked.

12bore 12:52 02 Aug 09

Hi fruit bat I have tried changing the filters and have tried disconecting everything els but to no avail thanks baldydave I have no sky.

Poitier 13:25 02 Aug 09

Hi,
The usual explanation for the situation that you describe that I have seen is that there is a high resistance connection somewhere and that the extra current of the phone is sufficient to bridge it.

baldydave 13:37 02 Aug 09

Do you have interference on the line ie a sound like frying eggs?does it get worse after rain?
Is this a new connection or have you used the speedtouch for a while?

12bore 14:02 02 Aug 09

Hi poitier
thanks for your input this was my theroy but bt have checked the line I have checked all the conections un th boxes and can find no faults there . Hi Baldy dave Ocasionly I get frying eggs on the phone it is not a new conection and I have been using speedtouch about 3 years with no problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…