speedtouch and aol.

jasken 15:05 11 Jan 06

I have tried to set up a wireless network on my new laptop, which is a medion md95564, with a speedtouch 576 router via ethernet cable. I am with aol so i have used there softwear etc and have spoke to someone on their phone helpline on more than one occasion. My laptop is wireless enabled already but I also want to get my desktop wireless and have installed a belkin usb adaptor to it.

My laptop very rarely picks up the wireless network connection and when it does it disconnects after a short time. I can go online while the ethernet cable is still in.

I have read some of the letters on the forum but nothing seems to be just the same problem as mine.

I am not up on technical jarrgon, so would need things explaining in simple terms.If someone can take me under their wing and help me sort this out, I would be so gratefull.

Forum Editor 15:51 11 Jan 06

firmly under my wing.

One reason for your laptop to lose the connection would be that it's on the edge of the router's range. Perhaps we should eliminate that as the cause first - does the connection get dropped if you move the laptop closer to the router, or into another room?

jasken 15:59 11 Jan 06

At first my router was on the window ledge, me thinking it would get a better signal.Then i read that it shouldn't be close to a radiator, so i moved it. I managed to connect wireless with the laptop in the same room. I moved into another room and stayed connected for a while then it disconnected. I mnanaged to connect a few times after that and stay on for a short time but now it wont connect at all. I am using the laptop with the ethernet cable in.

Thanks for taking me under your wing.

jasken 16:18 12 Jan 06

my problem seems to have sorted itself out, have been onlne all day. It probably wont work tomorrow.

I would now like to connect my desktop to the router and would like some advice on how to do this in easy steps.

I have installed a belkin usb adaptor and the software to the desktop. What should I do now to match the setting etc with the router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…