Speedtouch 585 Uninstall?

Border View 09:01 07 Oct 08

Later today I will be migrating to o2. They have sent me a Speedtouch 585v7 wireless router. I already have a Speedtouch 585v6 installed on my computer.

Question - will I need to uninstall the v6 before I install o2 v7 router.

Would welcome your comments.

Technotiger 09:06 07 Oct 08

Have you not spoken to O2? I would say that you would probably only need to do an update rather than a full uninstall/reinstall - unless there are any physical differences in the two.

Border View 09:09 07 Oct 08

No I havent spoken to o2 (should have thought about that). Dont think there are any physical differences just the software.

Will give them a ring. Will let you know what they say.

Thank you for responding.

Border View 09:21 07 Oct 08

Well I thought we would be speaking the same language.

Explained to the gentleman at o2 that I would be migrating to them today (work is in progress at the exchange), Explained that I have a Speedtouch 585v6 (my own) and would I have to uninstall this hardware before I installed o2 585v7.

First response was what was this "hardware". My response was "the router".

Answer if I used my own router they would not give me technical support. To which I explained - I didnt want to use my own router I wanted to use o2. Should I uninstall 585v6 before I installed theirs.

Yes I should uninstall this router from my system before I installed O2 Speedtouch 6585v7.

I am not confident with the advice given by this gentleman.

Border View 09:23 07 Oct 08

What will happen if I dont uninstall - might there be a conflict?

Technotiger 09:24 07 Oct 08

I agree with you - I would have another go, I doubt you would get the same person again. Or ask to speak to a Supervisor.

Technotiger 09:26 07 Oct 08

I don't see how there could be any conflict. But if you don't get anywhere on the phone, and to rule out any possible problems, I would go through the uninstall/reinstall route, for your own peace of mind.

Border View 09:30 07 Oct 08

Thanks Technotiger. I have just e-mailed o2. See if I get a better response that way.

Agree with you. If I loose connection to internet before response received will do an uninstall.

Will let you know how I get on.

Technotiger 09:31 07 Oct 08

OK - Good luck.

I am Spartacus 10:28 07 Oct 08

What exactly is there to uninstall?

Border View 10:33 07 Oct 08

This is something I have discovered Spartacus. I thought it would be a bit like uninstalling a program but it would appear that I simply unplug my speedtouch. There is some speedtouch related software which I shall uninstall.

I had had in mind drivers and the like.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now