Speedtouch 576 Wireless Problem - AOL!!

spacebabe103 17:13 22 Jul 06

We recently subscribed to AOL Silver and thus received the free Thomson Speedtouch 576 router. Upon receipt the router was installed and now runs perfectly on the main wired computer. Since installing this last week I have tried to set two laptops up to access the network. The laptops show they are connected and that there is an excellent signal however whenever we try to access the internet on them we get 'the page cannot be displayed' and a work offline pop up.

The laptops are set to obtain an ip address automatically, when this is set it shows there is limited or no connectivity. when i manually type in an ip address it no longer shows the limited or no connectivity message but still won't access the internet.

I have been googling the problem all day, and have come up with numerous forums where other people seem to be displaying the same messages and problems. i have followed any responses that have been written but to no avail. This is incredibly frustrating!

AOL are no use, I have contacted live help countless times but each advisor has said thay are unable to assist.

Please can someone help, your my last hope!

jamescrocket 19:00 22 Jul 06

AOL sadly are not nick named AOHell for nothing!
Have you contacted Speedtouch(Thompson) who make the router. They may able to help if AOL will not.

JCC285 14:42 20 Aug 06

I have the same problem. MY PC connects perfectly however, neither my Laptop nor my Dell AximX51 will display any web pages. Always get a 'Page not available message'. Have been searching foe ever for a solution without any success.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…