Speedtouch 576 -AOL problem

angeltears 15:02 16 Jul 06

Hi Im new so hello everyone!

I just purchased a speedtouch 576 router from AOL. I want to connect it wirelessly to my laptop, and this is my only computer. So far I have managed to set up a wired connection but when I take out the yellow enthernet cable the laptop will not connect to AOL.

I have tried talking to AOL, they are useless! I downloaded the XPSP2 and that solved the 'little or no connectivity issue'. I used the supposedly 'easy setup' cd aol gave me. But from reading another post here;

click here

I might be having a trouble with the internal adapter in my laptop. I cannot find the software for it. My laptop is an acer aspire 1680.

Someone please help, im ripping my hair out!

Carly

phil46 15:21 16 Jul 06

I would have thought you require a laptop card otherwise your laptop is unable to pick up a signal,it works with Ethernet cable because it is wired direct.
Wireless networks are for two computers or more not just one,a router has to have a signal put into it hence the Ethernet connection then the second computer has i've already said will require a laptop card to complete the network.

angeltears 15:24 16 Jul 06

But my dad has wireless connection and he only has a laptop.

angeltears 15:26 16 Jul 06

oh and my laptop is intel centrino enabled and is picking up a signal. it just wont connect to aol without the wire. Thats why im guessing its a network key issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…