Speedtouch 536(v6) and Outlook 2003

anskyber 13:43 24 May 06

I have just installed the Speedtouch 536(v6)modem/router and connected to the internet via an ethernet connection. The method I used was "NAT, quick set up". All is well I have internet and I also have e-mail through Outlook 2003.

I was previously on a simple USB modem and I uninstalled the software prior to the new system being used. I have sent and received e-mail. However if I go to tools>e-mail accounts>change>test account settings I get an error message "Network connections. cannot load dialog. Error 623;The system could not find the phone book entry for this connection" So the test could not be completed. Yet e-mail does work.

I suspect that there is something more for me to do given that I am not on a dial up broadband modem but using a NAT set up through ethernet connection.

Any help will be gratefully received and if you do reply please teat me as if I am a complete idiot, since that is the way I feel right now! My system is XP sp2

anskyber 13:45 24 May 06

anskyber 18:51 24 May 06

ghm101 19:06 24 May 06

So if I get you right your pc Internet connection gets into your PC via your Network card.

So if you can go to IE and browse the web that's all good, shouldn't have to worry about anything there.

It will all be down to settings in outlook itself.

1. Open Outlook
2. From the "tools" menu select "Email Accounts"
3. Select "View or Change Existing Accounts" then "Next"
4. Select your mail account from the list and click "Change"
5. The screen comes up where you enter your connection credentials
6. Click the button marked "More Settings"
7. The internet email settings window comes up
8. Click the Connection Tab
9. Click "connect using my local area network"
10. OK to close
11. Test

You should be good to go and get all that good spam thats been waiting for you

anskyber 19:17 24 May 06

Thanks, that is exactly what I have done previously but without success.

ghm101 19:36 24 May 06

Do you just have the one account in the list? - get rid of anything you don't need, check all of them to see they point to the LAN

I this message in groups: click here
" Have you contacted your ISP to see if your SMTP/POP3 settings are correct? "

Otherwise I am scratching my head it smells like this
click here;en-us;281066&Product=ol2002

but dosn't seem to be it

anskyber 20:14 24 May 06

Thanks for the suggestions. the odd thing is the e-mail does work, its only the test e-mail facility that does not!?

ghm101 20:19 24 May 06

The test email button is only their so you can check all that pop3 and smtp stuff is good.

If your email works for both send and recieve then you are all good.

There does seem to be some problem with the test facility but once the thing is working you never press this button again as a send and recieve with no errors does the same thing.

If I was you I would just leave it, expecially as your mail works

anskyber 20:22 24 May 06

My thoughts too to be honest. I just wondered if I had missed something obvious.

anskyber 21:09 24 May 06

Re-ran network set up wizard and it recognised the new modem/router as a gateway. Result e-mail still working, phew, but the test e-mail account also now working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…