Speedtouch 530 ADSL setup problem

Dench 12:53 01 Dec 03

I have been using Windows ME and a Speedtouch 330 ADSL modem with no problems at all. I now need to upgrade to connect another PC with Windows 98 so purchased a Speedtouch 530 ADSL router/modem. It appears to setup correctly to my USB port and the config appears to be ok. The DSL light toggles amber/green so this shows it is synchronised but connection pending. When I try to connect the IE6 browser errors after about 3 seconds with the message 'cannot find server or DNS error'. I cannot find anything in the user setup or configuration or troubleshooting manuals to guide me. The helpful guys at DSLsource told me how to setup an internet connection for LAN but this has not made any difference. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing several times but with no luck. Anyone out there with good ADSL knowledge as this problem is driving me mad with frustration.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…