speedtouch 330 modem problem

big geof 05:42 16 Feb 05

i have an older time computer with ali m1541/m1543c chipset on board, trying to install bt broadband software but system tray tells me that the modem is not plugged in, and device manager tells me device is working ok and both modem lights are green, i thought the usb drivers need updating and yet both my digital cameras work through usb, tried uninstall and re-install

any help will be appreciated
cheers

big geoff

Gongoozler 07:20 16 Feb 05

Hi big geof. I have used a broadband modem on an older computer than yours with a known USB problem, and it installed with no difficulty, so I don't think the age of your computer is the cause of this difficulty. As both lights are on your modem is getting power and is synchronising to the remote server. You say that the system tray indicates that the modem isn't plugged in. Presumably you have tried to sonnect to your ISP without success. My only guess is that there is a problem with the modem itself.

georgemac © 08:44 16 Feb 05

I have seen a problem on an older time machine which was a chipset compatibility problem with this modem - don't remember if it was an ali aladdin chipset - it was fixed by adding a new pci usb2 card click here

you could also try installing the latest drivers for the modem click here

georgemac © 08:49 16 Feb 05

I also assume you never plugged the modem in until after you installed the drivers/software - this is what you are supposed to do.

georgemac © 08:51 16 Feb 05

click here ignore the first bit - it may be a usb power issue - either a powered hub or a pci usb2 card should solve this - I would go for the pci card if you cannot get another solution. Good luck

Salinger 10:33 16 Feb 05

You are not using a Hub by any chance? Sometimes/most times the Speedtouch prefers to be plugged directly into the computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…