//some 3rd party need geo

Speedtouch 330 causes system to hang

kevinjuan 00:06 12 Apr 05

AMD 3000XP, 512Mb,120GbHD,Win XP home, SP2. When my bb conects(via speedtouch 330) my system hangs. The mouse works, and if I click on desktop icons they go grey, but the applications will not open for 7 minutes. If I disable the modem, everything works immediately. Any help would be appreciated.

appologies if the thread has been previously posted.
Posted in NETWORK FORUM in error. sorry!

woodchip 00:09 12 Apr 05

I am using one right now. So I would suggest it's something else that's the problem. Got this with BT/NTL Freedom

woodchip 00:10 12 Apr 05

Also on AMD 2.2 xp comp running now on Win98se. And works OK on XP desktop and XP laptop

woodchip 00:14 12 Apr 05

Try this go to Start\Run type MSCONFIG go to startup tab and remove ticks for SpeedTouch Software and reboot. Now go to Start\Settings\Control Panel\ Double click Networking icon right click on your ISP and drag to quickstart bar and create a shortcut. now try the shortcut

kevinjuan 00:15 12 Apr 05

Woodchip. Thanks for the quick response. I am using mine as well, I just have to wait 7 minutes for the computer to start working, then everything is fine.

kevinjuan 00:47 12 Apr 05

WOODCHIP.
That worked a treat! First time I have posted, and got a good result within minutes. Many thanks.

woodchip 10:24 12 Apr 05

Glad to help and It's one of my old Win98 tricks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…