Speedtouch 330 ADSL Modem

Docking Bay 94 09:13 14 Aug 05

Having connection problems with above.

When I start my PC or restart I click on the Speedtouch Connection icon on the desktop. This starts the initial connection but upon opening the default webpage it cannot connect to it.

I then have to close the connection but when I retry the connection it is fine.

This is becoming a bit of a pain each time.

I have downloaded and installed the new drivers for modem but this hasn't fixed problem.

Win XP - SP2
IE 6

Has anyone got any suggestions, thanks.

Satmansq 09:39 14 Aug 05

Does the PC have time to finish loading all the start up programs before you try to connect? If I try to connect before firewall loaded I have to wait, maybe theresa time out with your modem?

Halmer 10:40 14 Aug 05

mine fails to connect about 50% of the time but I just live with it at the moment.

Docking Bay 94 11:28 14 Aug 05

Yes Windows does load up all startup programs before i connect but it still occurs.

palinka 11:35 14 Aug 05

I had a Speedtouch 330 (came free from my ISP)and had endless problems with it. Dropped connections, etc.
Eventually I bought a new modem (because I wanted to connect 2 PCs wirelessly.
Since then I've had no problems ast all.
My advice is to ditch the speedtouch and buy a different modem; they're not expensive.

palinka 11:37 14 Aug 05

see also click here

bruno 11:38 14 Aug 05

I had occasional problems with my speedtouch modem but they all went away when I plugged directly into my computer usb2 connection rather than into a hub.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…