Speeding up my pc

Shutt1e 19:43 16 Feb 08

hi
I am wondering what will speed up my pc
I currently have :
intel pentium 4 2.53 ghz
1.2gb ram
nvidia gforce 4 32 mb intergrated

I am wondering whether a new graphics card will improve the overall performance of my pc , e.g surfing the net, playing old games like world of Warcraft , n everyday programs. I have been looking at ATI x2400 hd , would this be a half decent graphics card for what I want or could you please recomend one
Thanks

Clapton is God 19:55 16 Feb 08

You tell us that your graphics card is integrated (into the motherboard).

Thus you cannot upgrade it.

Do you do any PC housekeeping?

Use msconfig?

Defrag the HDD?

Uninstall programs you never use?

They'll all help.

2neat 19:56 16 Feb 08

yep, defo. You can get a very good card for about £80. Worth upping your RAM too.
Open her up 'n' have a look at the slots available. Look for the make & number of the main board so you can find out which is compatable

Good luck

Shutt1e 20:10 16 Feb 08

i can remove the graphics card , but when i typed in dxdiag in the run box , it said it was intergrated

Shutt1e 20:11 16 Feb 08

i regulary, defrag my pc , and i barley have anything on my pc , so more ram and a better graphics card , and it should run alot better ?

Clapton is God 20:14 16 Feb 08

More RAM will help.

But, as I've already said, you can't upgrade an integrated graphics card unless you replace the entire motherboard.

And if you're going to do that you might just as well buy a new PC!

i would have thought you will have a agp or pci express slot even with onboard, can you post details of the motherboard?

Shutt1e 20:36 16 Feb 08

i dont have the pc infront of me at the moment to look , but the graphics card goes into a pic-express slot ,

Shutt1e 20:36 16 Feb 08

does this limit the amount of graphics cards i can get ?

woodchip 20:43 16 Feb 08

You could buy a 10,000 RPM hard drive but not cheap

woodchip 20:45 16 Feb 08

This one is a Sata click here

ATA click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…