speeding up my computer by deleting internet files

dj rog 21:19 07 Mar 03

please can someone help me? my computer has slowed down gradually and i was told that if i delete unwanted internet files and folders, it may help. i dont know how to delete these so called cache files or folders, so can someone help me? i also want to delete unwanted mp3 files. thanks.

MAJ 21:22 07 Mar 03

In IE, Go to Tools > Internet Options > General tab and click the Delete Files button.

MP3 files you can just delete in the normal way, right click them and choose delete.

MAJ 21:33 07 Mar 03

You can also delete Temporary Internet Files everytime you close IE by going to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab, scroll down to the Security section and tick the box which says "Empty Temporary Internet Files Folder when the browser is closed".

You wont speed up your computer appreciably by removing Temp Internet Files, but make sure you're not storing too many of them. Go to Tools > Internet Options > General tab and click the Settings button, set the "Amount of disk space to use" to about 30MBs. That'll keep them in check.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…