speed up vista boot time on laptop

absent 13:54 07 Dec 08

Just bought a toshiba laptop as a Christmas present for my daughter,it has 3gb of ram and core 2 duo T5800 processor. As my daughter has been away this weekend I decided to set up wireless access, this I have managed to do but have been dismayed by the slow boot time compared to my XP desktops.I have googled for ways to improve this and come across various suggestions. Any tips from this site would be most welcome.

TIA,Alan

rawprawn 14:19 07 Dec 08

Go to Start/ Run and type msconfig and hit Enter. Under the Startup Tab untick anything not required at startup. Many new Computers come laden with programs already installed that are not needed at startup.
Doing this will not affect the program itself it will just stop it loading when you Boot.

Clapton is God 15:13 07 Dec 08

"Many new Computers come laden with programs already installed that are not needed at startup"

Indeed they do.

So, better still, uninstall all that dross which you don't need (and never will need).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…