//some 3rd party need geo

Speed touch 330 fault

hullguy28 11:20 07 Sep 05

we are on broad band using a speed touch 300 modem on windows 98 SE it all works great until you disconnect the connection. when we disconnect we get a warning screen saying that it has caused an error and the computer freezes needing a reboot I have run all test but it states it is all ok can anyone help?

TonyM 11:27 07 Sep 05

Have you checked you have the latest driver - should be 3.0.1 ....available from click here

woodchip 14:39 07 Sep 05

Why do you disconnect

hullguy28 17:41 07 Sep 05

i disconnect when i play games on one pc as we have 2 computers if the other is to be used i disconnect the fault then occurs. i have updated my drivers but still have the same fault

palinka 19:36 07 Sep 05

this won't be much comfort, hullguy28, but I had a speedtouch 330 and had constant problems with it. eg. If I switched my pc off at night and switched off the BB connection as well I usually found it wouldn't connect in the morning - a part solution was to unplug it, then immediately replug. But it dropped me at all sorts of odd times and was totally unreliable. Other people in this forum have had similar experience.
Then I got a router because I wanted to network 2 pcs and everything has been fine since.
Frankly I'd ditch the speedtouch 330 and buy a different modem.

palinka 20:15 07 Sep 05

here's the link to another recent thread on the same topic click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…